Premier Success Plan
If purchased, the Premier Success Plan will be provided to Customer's Users and is available on weekdays, excluding holidays, during business hours, and on weekends for Business Critical and Business Standstill issues. Users can submit cases over the Web via the FinancialForce Community or by telephone.
Upon case submission, Named Support Contacts will be asked to provide their company name, contact information, steps to replicate the issues, and authorization for support to access Customer’s salesforce environment to provide support. Each case will be assigned a unique case number. A FinancialForce Support Representative will use commercially reasonable efforts to call or email the User within 1 hour for a Business Standstill case, within 2 hours for a Business Critical case, and within 6 hours for all other cases and will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve each case. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in FinancialForce’s reasonable determination.
Named Support Contacts
“Named Support Contacts” are Users Customer identifies as primary liaisons between Customer and FinancialForce for technical support. Customer can have an unlimited amount of Named Support Contacts. Customers’ Named Support Contacts shall be responsible for:
- overseeing Customer’s support case activity
- developing and deploying troubleshooting processes within Customer’s organization
- resolving password reset, username and lockout issues for Customer
- ensuring that Customer’s application users are properly trained and use the app in accordance with FinancialForce Documentation
- providing technical staff to assist with non application issues such as network issues
- granting FinancialForce access to the Customer’s salesforce environment via Subscriber Support org access when required
Customer shall ensure that Named Support Contacts:
- have completed, at a minimum, the basic Services administration course currently titled “Administration Essentials,” which is included at no additional charge as part of online training
- have completed any supplemental training appropriate for the Named Support Contact’s specific role or Customer’s usage of the Services
- are knowledgeable about the applicable Services in order to help resolve, and to assist FinancialForce in analyzing and resolving, technical issues
- have a basic understanding of any problem that is the subject of a case, and the ability to reproduce the problem in order to assist FinancialForce in diagnosing and triaging it
Telephone Support Hours
Named Support Contacts can submit cases via telephone on weekdays, excluding holidays, during FinancialForce's Support hours, and also on weekends for Business Standstill and Business Critical issues. Named Support Contacts can also submit cases through the FinancialForce Community twenty four hours a day seven days a week. Cases will be logged by a Support Representative for later response by the appropriate Support team.
A FinancialForce Support Representative will use commercially reasonable efforts to call or e-mail the User within 1 hour for a Business Standstill case, within 2 hours for a Business Critical case, and within 6 hours for all other cases and will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve each case. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in FinancialForce’s reasonable determination.
Main phone numbers as follows:
|Region||Support hours||Telephone Numbers|
|US||6:00am-6:00pm PST||+1 877 828 9161
|UK & Rest of World||7:00am-5:30pm GMT||+44 (0)808 238 9790
+44 (0)1423 532830
|Australia||9:00am-6:00pm AEST||1800 092 411|
Telephone support is available in English only.
Logging a Case
Named Support Contacts may log a case as follows:
- We recommend that Named Support Contacts log cases via the FinancialForce Community. Named Support Contacts can access the FinancialForce Community by clicking the appropriate link under the FinancialForce Resources section of the Salesforce sidebar or via FinancialForce Central (once you click the link you will be signed into the Community with your Salesforce login credentials), or by accessing the Community at https://erp.force.com/community.
- By telephone call to Customer support as described above.
Note: For assistance with User password resets, Users should use the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page or contact a Named Support Contact or Customer system administrator. For assistance with Salesforce usernames and lockouts, Users should contact a Named Support Contact or Customer system administrator. For security reasons, FinancialForce does not provide contact information for Named Support Contacts or Customer system administrators.
FinancialForce must be able to reproduce errors in order to resolve them. Customer agrees to cooperate and work closely with FinancialForce to reproduce errors, including conducting diagnostic or troubleshooting activities as reasonably requested and appropriate. Also, subject to Customer's approval on a case-by-case basis, Users may be asked to provide remote access to their FinancialForce application and/or desktop system for troubleshooting purposes.
Reproducible errors that cannot promptly be resolved will be escalated to higher support tiers for further investigation and analysis.
Issues will be categorized and handled according to an assigned severity level. The case severity level is selected by the Named Support Contacts at time of case submission, and will be updated by FinancialForce as follows:
Level 1: Business Standstill
Production and/or mission critical services are down and there is no immediate workaround.
For Business Standstill you are required to have dedicated resources available during your contracted hours of operation.
Level 2: Business Critical
Production and/or mission critical services are critically impacted and there is no workaround available.
For Business Critical you are required to have dedicated resources available during your contracted hours of operation.
Level 3: Major Problem
Major operations or functionality is seriously impaired and a workaround has been provided if necessary.
Level 4: Problem
Where a problem, error or defect is non-critical to the business.
Level 5: Question
Where a question is raised to assist with the continued running of the applications.
The target initial response time is within 1 hour for a Business Standstill case, within 2 hours for a Business Critical case, and within 6 hours for all other cases. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in FinancialForce’s reasonable determination.
FinancialForce.com will then use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to each case within the applicable response time described in the table below, depending on the severity level set on the case.
Level 1: Business Standstill
Initiate an investigation of any Business Standstill problem encountered by the Customer within 1 hour of the first response by the FinancialForce Support Desk. FinancialForce will assign personnel to the problem who will work all reasonable business hours until the problem is resolved. The solution will be provided in a Major Release, Service Pack, Special Release, or as a workaround.
Level 2: Business Critical
Initiate an investigation of any Business Critical encountered by the Customer within 2 hours of notification being received. The resolution will normally be included in the next Major Release or Service Pack.
Level 3: Major Problem
Initiate an investigation of any Major Problem encountered by the Customer within 6 hours of notification being received. The resolution will normally be included in the next Major Release or Service Pack, subject to the priority of all existing support cases as well as the number of reported cases from different customers.
Level 4: Problem
Initiate an investigation of any Problem encountered by the Customer within 6 hours of notification being received and shall plan to include a resolution into a future Major Release subject to the relevance of the issue.
FinancialForce success plans include support for the current and previous two versions.
For example, service pack support for Spring ’21 will continue until the release of Spring ’22. If you are running an unsupported version, we strongly urge you to upgrade to a supported release. If you are unable to upgrade, you may contact us about purchasing consulting services from our professional services team under a statement of work.
Please communicate with your case analyst if you wish to escalate your case to management. If you need additional escalation support, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager.
Customer Success Manager
The Premier Success Plan includes a designated Customer Success Manager.
The role of the Customer Success Manager is to help the Customer with FinancialForce product adoption, including sharing FinancialForce best practice advice, guidance on helping the Customer achieve their desired ROI, and helping to escalate technical issues as necessary.
The Customer is responsible for its evaluation and for any implementation of the Customer Success Manager’s recommendations.
Technical Customer Success Manager
The Premier Success Plan includes four 1-hour sessions with a Technical Customer Success Manager during each annual subscription term. If these sessions are not utilized within an annual subscription term, they will not roll over into the next subscription term, but four new sessions will be rewarded at the start of the next subscription term.
The role of the Technical Customer Success Manager is to help the Customer with FinancialForce product adoption and best practice, including sharing FinancialForce technical guidance on approaches to be reviewed and implemented by the Customer.
The Customer is responsible for its evaluation and for any implementation of the Technical Customer Success Manager’s recommendations.
FinancialForceX Summit (formerly Community Live)
For our annual customer event, 1 complimentary pass comes with the Premier Success Plan. To use a pass, the Customer employee to attend the FinancialForceX Summit event should register for the event at financialforce.com or such other website as FinancialForce may designate. Registration is subject to availability; Customer is advised to register early. The pass must be used within your annual subscription term. If it is not used, it will not roll over into the next subscription term, but a new pass will be awarded at the start of the next subscription term.
The Premier Success Plan includes a training pack that includes access to a combination of instructor-led training seats and on-demand courses per annual subscription term. If the training pack is not used during a subscription term, it will not roll over into the next subscription term, but a new pack will be awarded at the start of the next subscription term.
As a Customer on our Premier Support Plan you are eligible to purchase additional support-related services ( “Add-on”). As an Add-on you can purchase access to a Technical Account Manager who acts as your named Support point of contact. Your Account Executive or Customer Success Manager can review Add-on options with you.
The Premier Success Plan includes support for developers using the FinancialForce API, which support is limited to the ability to report suspected FinancialForce bugs on the FinancialForce API. FinancialForce Support will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide Customer with a target date for bug resolution.
The Premier Success Plan does not include any of the following:
- Assistance with Salesforce issues and errors with Salesforce platform
- Assistance in developing User-specific customizations;
- Assistance with non-FinancialForce products, services or technologies, including implementation, administration or use of third-party enabling technologies such as databases, computer networks or communications systems;
- Assistance with installation or configuration of hardware, including computers, hard drives, networks or printers.
- Troubleshooting issues with your in‐house developed apps
- Troubleshooting issues with integrations you’ve built for the FinancialForce apps
- Assistance with any code that is developed outside of or in addition to the core FinancialForce applications, for example, custom code developed by Customer or FinancialForce’s consulting team under a statement of work.
- Training on the product, setup and configuration questions, or business process questions, these types of requests should be directed to our professional services team under a statement of work
Separate consultancy advice can be arranged for topics such as:
- Instruction in report writer techniques
- Instruction in the use of the product
- Salesforce Administration
- System configuration and setup
- Design, writing and debugging of interfaces
- Design, writing and debugging of custom pages and objects
- Support for custom code outside of the core FinancialForce applications
- Data corrections in the event of data issues in your FinancialForce system
Changes to Premier Success Plan
FinancialForce may change its Premier Success Plan from time to time in its sole discretion.
FinancialForce provides ongoing maintenance (service packs) for all major releases (Spring and Fall) for a period of 12 months from their release, and for all minor releases (Summer and Winter) for 9 months. That means that at any given time, FinancialForce is providing ongoing maintenance for 4 releases (2 Major and 2 Minor). Current maintained versions are as provided below: