Standard Support Plan
The Standard Success Plan will be provided to Customer's Users at no additional charge in accordance with this description. Users can submit cases over the Web via the FinancialForce Community or by telephone.
Upon case submission, Named Support Contacts will be asked to provide their company name, contact information, steps to replicate the issues, and authorization for support to access Customer’s salesforce environment to provide support. Each case will be assigned a unique case number. A FinancialForce Support Representative will use commercially reasonable efforts to call or email the User within two (2) business days and will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve each case. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in FinancialForce’s reasonable determination.
Named Support Contacts
“Named Support Contacts” are Users Customer identifies as primary liaisons between Customer and FinancialForce for technical support. For our Standard Success customers, Customer shall identify between one (1) and four (4) Named Support Contacts. Customer may be charged an additional fee for designating more than four (4) Named Support Contacts contacts at a time. Customer shall notify FinancialForce whenever Named Support Contact responsibilities are transferred to another individual.
Customers’ Named Support Contacts shall be responsible for:
- overseeing Customer’s support case activity
- developing and deploying troubleshooting processes within Customer’s organization
- resolving password reset, username and lockout issues for Customer
- ensuring that Customer's application users are properly trained and use the app in accordance with FinancialForce Documentation
- providing technical staff to assist with non application issues such as network issues
- granting FinancialForce access to the Customer’s salesforce environment via Subscriber Support org access when required
Customer shall ensure that Named Support Contacts:
- have completed, at a minimum, the basic Services administration course currently titled “Administration Essentials,” which is included at no additional charge as part of online training
- have completed any supplemental training appropriate for the Named Support Contact’s specific role or Customer’s usage of the Services
- are knowledgeable about the applicable Services in order to help resolve, and to assist FinancialForce in analyzing and resolving, technical issues
- have a basic understanding of any problem that is the subject of a case, and the ability to reproduce the problem in order to assist FinancialForce in diagnosing and triaging it
Telephone Support Hours
Named Support Contacts can submit cases via telephone on weekdays, excluding holidays, during FinancialForce's Support hours as stated in the table below. Named Support Contacts can submit cases through the FinancialForce Community twenty four hours a day seven days a week, cases will be logged by a Support Representative for later response by the appropriate Support team.
A FinancialForce Support Representative will use commercially reasonable efforts to call, email the User or update the Case via the Community within two (2) business days and will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly resolve each case. Actual resolution time will depend on the nature of the case and the resolution. A resolution may consist of a fix, workaround or other solution in FinancialForce’s reasonable determination.
Main phone numbers as follows:
|Region||Support hours||Telephone Numbers|
|US||6:00am-6:00pm PST||+1 877 828 9161
|UK & Rest of World||7:00am-5:30pm GMT||+44 (0)808 238 9790
+44 (0)1423 532830
|Australia||9:00am-6:00pm AEST||1800 092 411|
Telephone support is available in English only.
Logging a Case
Named Support Contacts may log a case as follows:
- We recommend that Named Support Contacts log cases via the FinancialForce Community. Named Support Contacts can access the FinancialForce Community by clicking the appropriate link under the FinancialForce Resources section of the Salesforce sidebar, via FinancialForce Central (once you click the link you will be signed into the Community with your Salesforce login credentials), or by accessing the Community at https://erp.force.com/community.
- By telephone call to customer support as described above.
Note: For assistance with User password resets, Users should use the “Forgot your password?” link on the login page or contact a Named Support Contact or Customer system administrator. For assistance with Salesforce usernames and lockouts, Users should contact a Named Support Contact or Customer system administrator. For security reasons, FinancialForce does not provide contact information for Named Support Contacts or Customer system administrators.
FinancialForce must be able to reproduce errors in order to resolve them. Customer agrees to cooperate and work closely with FinancialForce to reproduce errors, including conducting diagnostic or troubleshooting activities as reasonably requested and appropriate. Also, subject to Customer's approval on a case-by-case basis, Users may be asked to provide Subscriber org access to their salesforce.com system for troubleshooting purposes.
Reproducible errors that cannot promptly be resolved will be escalated to higher support tiers for further investigation and analysis.
Issues will be categorized and handled according to an assigned severity level. The case severity level is selected by the Named Support Contacts at time of case submission, and will be updated by FinancialForce as follows:
Level 1: Business Standstill
Production and/or mission critical services are down and there is no immediate workaround.
For Business Standstill you are required to have dedicated resources available during your contracted hours of operation.
Level 2: Business Critical
Production and/or mission critical services are critically impacted and there is no workaround available.
For Business Critical you are required to have dedicated resources available during your contracted hours of operation.
Level 3: Major Problem
Major operations or functionality is seriously impaired and a workaround has been provided if necessary.
Level 4: Problem
Where a problem, error or defect is non-critical to the business.
Level 5: Question
Where a question is raised to assist with the continued running of the applications.
FinancialForce support plans include support for only the current (most recent) and immediately preceding Major Release of a FinancialForce application.
For example, if the current Major Release is V 14.x, we support V 14.x and V 13.x. If you are running an older version than this, we strongly urge you to upgrade to a supported release. If you are unable to upgrade, you may contact us about purchasing consulting services from our professional services team under a statement of work.
Please communicate with your case analyst if you wish to escalate your case to management. If you need additional escalation support, please email email@example.com to reach your CSM.
The Standard Success Plan includes support for developers using the FinancialForce API, limited to reporting suspected FinancialForce bugs on the FinancialForce API. FinancialForce Support will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide customers with a targeted date for bug resolution.
The Standard Success Plan does not include any of the following:
- Assistance with Salesforce issues and errors with Salesforce Platform
- Assistance in developing User-specific customizations;
- Assistance with non-FinancialForce products, services or technologies, including implementation, administration or use of third-party enabling technologies such as databases, computer networks or communications systems;
- Assistance with installation or configuration of hardware, including computers, hard drives, networks or printers;
- Troubleshooting issues with your in‐house developed apps;
- Troubleshooting issues with integrations you’ve built for the FinancialForce apps
- Assistance with any code that is developed outside of or in addition to the core FinancialForce applications, for example, custom code developed by Customer or FinancialForce’s consulting team under a statement of work;
- Training on the product, setup and configuration questions, or business process questions, these types of requests should be directed to our professional services team under a statement of work
Separate consultancy advice can be arranged for topics such as:
- Instruction in report writer techniques
- Instruction in the use of the product
- Salesforce Administration
- System configuration and setup
- Design, writing and debugging of interfaces
- Design, writing and debugging of custom pages and objects
- Support for custom code outside of the core FinancialForce applications
- Data corrections in the event of data issues in your FinancialForce system
Changes to Standard Success Plan
FinancialForce may change its Standard Success Plan from time to time in its sole discretion.
FinancialForce provides ongoing maintenance (service packs) for all major releases (Spring and Fall) for a period of 12 months from their release, and for all minor releases (Summer and Winter) for 9 months. That means that at any given time, FinancialForce is providing ongoing maintenance for 4 releases (2 Major and 2 Minor). Current maintained versions are as provided below: