What is G2?
G2 is the world’s largest tech marketplace where businesses can discover, review, and manage the technology they need to reach their potential.
The G2 Grid® Report for Professional Services Automation scores products and vendors in this space based on reviews gathered from the user community, as well as data aggregated from online sources and social networks. G2 applies a unique algorithm (v3.0) to this data to calculate the customer Satisfaction and Market Presence scores in real time.
What is professional services automation?
Professional services automation (PSA) describes the software for managing and automating the businesses processes surrounding service delivery. The goal is simple: Optimize these processes holistically to improve delivery execution and overall profitability. By managing resources, projects, time and expenses, budgets, financials, billing, and customer interactions from a single dataset, a PSA solution gives you a complete view of delivery, leading to more insights and improved business agility.
This type of software can be used by all departments of a professional services company, from sales and marketing to accounting, as well as project managers. Additionally, any organization with professional services teams, including companies in health and life sciences, media and communications, and software and high-tech, can also benefit from PSA software.
PSA systems can be integrated with accounting software, CRM software, and payroll software to make a more end-to-end solution. PSA software also has similarities to ERP systems.
How to qualify for inclusion on G2
To qualify for inclusion in the PSA category on G2, a product must:
- Manage customer profiles, sales opportunities, and communications
- Include features for contract management and service level agreements (SLA)
- Provide project and portfolio management for professional services
- Deliver accounting functionality or integrate with accounting software
- Track project and portfolio costs such as time and expenses
- Record and allocate resources based on necessity and availability
- Recognize revenue by project, portfolio, or business unit
- Monitor project and portfolio performance, risk, and profitability
G2 Grid for PSA
Products shown on the Grid® for Professional Services Automation have received a minimum of 10 reviews/ratings in data gathered by December 14, 2020. Products are ranked by customer satisfaction (based on user reviews) and market presence (based on market share, vendor size, and social impact) and placed into four categories on the Grid®.
FinancialForce PSA has been named a Leader by G2 based on receiving a high customer Satisfaction score and having a large Market Presence. 89% of users rated it 4 or 5 stars, 87% of users believe it is headed in the right direction, and users said they would be likely to recommend FinancialForce at a rate of 83%. FinancialForce is also in the ERP Systems category.
Natively built on the Salesforce platform, FinancialForce PSA gives professional services leaders and teams unprecedented visibility into sales, service delivery, and finance. With FinancialForce, you can:
- Get full pipeline, project, and resource availability
- Schedule the right people to the right jobs at the right time
- Make data-driven decisions with embedded analytics
- Empower road warriors with built-in mobile and social
- Get a complete view of project financial health