Founded in 1927, The University of Houston is the leading public research university in the vibrant international city of Houston, each year educating more than 36,000 students in nearly 300 undergraduate and graduate academic programs, on campus and online. SEI offers undergraduate and MBA programs in sales and sales leadership where students learn by selling first-hand.
FinancialForce Accounting is easy to access and easy to use, increasing the chances that our sales students will be able to resolve any billing problems in time for graduation.
Carl Herman, Director of Partner Relations
- Outdated technology incongruous with program’s reputation
- Lack of historical information when trying to close deals
- Poor communication between Sales and Finance functions
- Haphazard accounting processes meant $250 - $50,000 deals were not recorded accurately
It has never been more critical for publishers to differentiate themselves in the competitive and ever changing media landscape.
Yingjie Shu, Vice President Information Technology
Benefits & Results
- SEI can easily produce detailed reports on its performance and send them on to the Bauer College Foundation
- Prospecting enhanced by giving sales students complete historical information on 25,000 sales transactions within seconds
- Students gain practical experience in collecting payments for sales they closed
- Specialized forms easily generated to submit to the college’s accounting department
- Sales and finance functions now integrated, enabling better customer service
- Students able to understand and learn the importance of meeting a sales quota