The South Carolina Manufacturing Extension Partnership (SCMEP) is a nonprofit that specializes in helping manufacturers grow their business. They provide strategic consulting to manufacturers to help them quickly adjust for bottom-line and top-line growth.
With FinancialForce Accounting, SCMEP knows exactly how every dollar is being spent, which manufacturer is receiving it, and in what capacity
The biggest surprise with FinancialForce was the buy-in that we got from the non-financial department. It's great when a salesperson or a field delivery person can call and say, 'This app has made my life a lot easier.’ Everybody felt like it was a win.
Stacey Smith, CFO
- As a fast growing non-profit, QuickBooks no longer met their needs as the entire team at SCMEP was using Salesforce CRM and the applications did not connect
- QuickBooks required constant updating in multiple systems, like a never ending circle.
- Accounting team lost valuable time reconciling when data didn’t balance
I love FinancialForce because of the ease of use. It is everything I need all in one place. It makes my position as CFO, analyzing data, and making financial decisions so much easier.
Stacey Smith, CFO
Benefits & Results
FinancialForce and the power of the platform
- Flexibility a key factor for selecting FinancialForce. SCMEP now has a system that they can easily configure for their business model, instead of manipulating processes to fit an inflexible app
- Goodbye duplicate data entry—hello end-to-end visibility. With FinancialForce on the Salesforce Platform the flow of information across multiple applications is seamless. Information is now in real-time, right there when you need it
- Ease of use drives up user adoption rates. Being built on the Salesforce Platform, team now has one log-in for three systems saving time and increasing productivity
- Key performance metrics now available on a dashboard in real-time. Critical when making timely and effective decisions on guiding a growing company where it needs to go
- Biggest game changer: the approval process. No more relying on emails, sending things back and forth. Internal flow of information is sped up by being able to log in to one system for a list of approvals
Managing non-profit dollars wisely on a single platform
- More accountability drives more funding. A non-profit that runs a consulting firm has for-profit accountability such as tracking grant reporting. With FinancialForce Accounting and PSA, the team can now continuously monitor exactly where dollars are being spent and who they're reaching
- Having a true accounting system strengthens internal controls. Organization is now set up to better service clients and meet the demands of future needs
- Saving 1 week per month! Month-end and quarter-end close reduced by five days, allows team to focus more time on value added tasks, less on admin