Manufacturers Edge manufactures and distributes a wide range of Fluid Handling equipment. They manufacture pumps for the beer brewing industry, marine air conditioning, sprinkler pumps and distribute several types of industrial pumps. In addition to the pump industry MFG Edge also imports and exports products not related to the pump industry.
This busy manufacturing company is outpacing their competition by getting off Quickbooks and onto the Salesforce platform with FinancialForce Accounting. By automating processes across the financial operations, Manufacturers Edge can manage company growth with a lean team.
I like FinancialForce because it's an amazing product. When you chat on a customer's account, everybody is able to see that. You don't have to pick up the phone and advise another employee of what you just discussed with their customer, It's an easy and effective communication tool.
Jackie Block, CFO
- Quickbooks limitations hampered company productivity and growth: No CRM connection, no scalability, no customer support, no mobile access, no meaningful reports
- Disconnected systems created a lag time to gather meaningful data
- Key data often missing or non-existent making month-end and analysis difficult
- QuickBooks’ reporting was lacking granularity and customer history leaving teams—finance, sales, customer service—without key information to do their jobs better
We're able to reduce labor, reduce inventory, and better manage our customer base. When you save resources like that, your margins are going to go up.
Mike Caringi, President
Benefits & Results
Power of the Platform
- Native to Salesforce: FinancialForce delivers deep visibility and powerful controls to simplify, optimize, and leverage inventory and finance data across the entire organization
- Flexibility: Platform makes it easy to adapt applications to the ever-changing business requirements
- Mobile bliss: FinancialForce is always in your pocket. Reports run automatically and hit mobile devices every day. Executive team knows, anywhere, anytime, what happened that day eliminating lag time for decision making
- Single customer truth: Having the CRM record tied to financial and procurement data allows anyone in the company to see what’s going with a customer—creating superior customer service
Saving Money—Saving Time
- Can now easily compare sales numbers versus revenue with just a click—providing more timely information to make decisions, and with less effort
- Lean team productivity: Automation of financial processes allows company to grow without adding extra headcount saving more dollars than their competition
- Best place to work?—Yes! Operating with less people improves compensation plans driving strong employee retention—outdoing the competition
Making Money—Growing Profits
- Higher margin products identified easily: FinancialForce surfaces margin information, in real-time with advanced analytics. Team knows which products to focus on for higher returns
- Robust reporting enables finance team to monitor cash flow at detail previously not available with Quickbooks—execs always know cash flow status in real-time
- Solid path to growth: Get access to richer data and analysis to drive targeted marketing campaigns. Can manage a limited marketing budget wiser and produce money-making results
Metrics that make sense
- Month-end processes reduced from two weeks to four days
- Margins up five percentage points since the implementation of FinancialForce