"CSM support is fantastic. It has made a big difference in helping us to deliver the SLA and 'value add' to the business. Through our regular QBRs, the CSM helps us to see the bigger goals we could be achieving, whilst at the same time maintaining our SLA quality through FinancialForce’s Premier Support Agreement."
David Nicholson, Head of Application Services, DNV GL
DNV GL enables organizations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. They provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. They also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
DNV GL has 15,000 employees based in over 100 countries across the globe. Their IT unit acts as a Global Shared Service, working with FinancialForce premier support to help augment the team with deeper product expertise.
- Complex needs required FinancialForce team to have a good understanding of the DNV GL business and product customizations
- Critical issues took too much time to resolve - hurt project margins
- Rigorous Service Level Agreement (SLA) needed to be met
- Global operations requiring round the clock assistance for business critical issues
Benefits & Results
- Speed of resolution: Case turnaround times decreased from 3 - 4 weeks to 2 - 3 days thanks to expert knowledge from FinancialForce Support team at all locations
- Improved project margins: With speed of case resolutions, projects stay on track, SLAs are met and margins protected
- Round the clock global support: With FinancialForce premier support in US and UK, cases can be raised at any time of day or night
- Customer wins: Premier support allows DNV GL to expand customer reach and create better customer experiences
- SLAs now more competitive thanks to round the clock service desk
- Breaking internal records: Experienced 2 months in a row of under 20 hours average case turnaround
- Product influence: DNV GL and FinancialForce work as partners, feeding back on new release functionality and listening to any issues as they arise
- Dedicated success manager: FinancialForce provides a single point of contact helping DNV GL meet their SLAs and business goals. Includes customized success plans, quarterly reviews, access to technology, functionality deep dives and more
Working in Partnership
Issue: Two applications running on same Salesforce instance - InTime and iInspect2. There was an issue with a lot of unclosed assignments that had built up over a two year period. This exceeded a system limit of 100,000 records, which meant transactions couldn’t be posted and invoices couldn’t be processed. This happened at month end – the key Business Critical Period.
Action: Escalated to VPs. Hourly updates between UK/US.
Result: It took 2 days to get to the root cause and to solve the issue and a third day was spent on clean up. Without premier support it would have taken longer to resolve.
We have been using FinancialForce PSA for 5 years now. Recently I have become involved in the Service management area. Our FinancialForce Customer Success Manager has been instrumental in improving the way we work with the FinancialForce teams. They also bring great insight to our meetings help us work better together.
I consider them to be great partners to work with and would recommend them to all.
Muz Younes, Service Manager