CIO Magazine recently released findings from their 2015 tech poll focused on the most important tech priorities for businesses this year.
The study was conducted with IT executives to understand where their organization’s technology focus will be this year as well as measure the direction of spending within those select categories.
We took a closer look at the results and overall, the responses interestingly aligned with the business goals and priorities we hear from our customers and the cloud ERP solutions FinancialForce.com offers. For example, 55% of respondents noted they are expecting an increase in budget allocation towards SaaS/cloud apps (i.e. Human Capital Management, Financial Management, Supply Chain Management and Professional Services Automation) and tools like social/collaboration solutions and enterprise mobility management are increasingly being researched and piloted in their businesses. Some other noteworthy stats include:
- 57% of IT leaders anticipate an increase in IT budgets for the coming year, the highest percent in the past six years
- 46% of organizations are researching or piloting business intelligence and analytics solutions
- Additional technologies expecting an increase in budget allocation include SaaS/cloud apps (55%), business continuity/disaster recover (52%), mobile apps (52%), security applications (52%), and enterprise mobility management (52%)
- Server virtualization remains the top technology in production, with 69% of participants implementing a server virtualization project
- Mobile apps (32%) and software defined networking (31%) remain areas that IT leaders have a growing interest in and are actively researching
- Private cloud computing services (17%), social/collaboration tools (17%), and enterprise mobility management (17%) are the top technologies being piloted and desktops/laptops (28%) is the top technology being upgraded
What do you think? How do these tech priorities match up with your organization’s goals for 2015? To receive a copy of the full poll presentation, see here.