Gotta Catch em all!
…we mean ERP apps of course. In case you’ve been living under a Pokeball, er, rock for the past week you may have noticed your coworkers, family, friends and strangers on the street a bit preoccupied with the new Pokémon GO game. We can’t say we’re innocent here at FinancialForce.
The game is simple – go out in the real world and catch as many Pokémon as you can on your phone to level up. We found a few interesting reminders, if not metaphors, in the game’s draw for what happens when you start building your collection of business apps – using our suite of FinancialForce ERP apps (PSA, Financial Management and HCM) – to level up. Let us explain:
1. More Pokémon = More Power: A key goal of Pokémon Go is to catch as many Pokémon as you can in order to create a diverse roster to help you in battles as you progress in the game. That’s how it works for your back-office apps too. In order to tackle a challenging business landscape and difficult customer requests, your company needs to ensure you have the right solutions in place so you can continue to evolve. Having your professional services, financial management and human capital management applications on one platform gives you a clear picture of your customers and provides better visibility into the health of your overall business.
2. You’ll start to see the world differently: What makes Pokémon GO so different than most mobile games these days is its ability to pull players out of their phones and into the real world. In order to catch Pokémon, players are inspired to walk outside and explore their cities to uncover new creatures. Further, certain Pokémon appear only near their native environment (for example, water-based Pokemon appear near lakes and oceans). The game is forcing people out of their comfort zone and hopefully to see the world around them in a new light. The same thing actually happens when you catch a PSA, HCM and FM app. Often, companies are using disparate solutions where the data doesn’t speak to each other. Combine this with an entirely different CRM solution and businesses are poised for a future of unhappy customers. When these apps are combined, on one platform, you can look at your business in a new light and uncover strategies and efficiencies you never thought of before.
3. New world of ‘On the Go’: Pokémon GO has also presented a new use case of how mobile phones can be used to interact with the world around you, and is possibly the first widely adopted use case of augmented reality. Who thought our phones could create a new world of imagination and exploration for so many, so quickly? Mobility is increasingly important in today’s workforce as well. FinancialForce ERP dashboards and customer information are always available at your fingertips. You can now respond to a customer issue via Chatter and approve an invoice, while also out trying to catch Pokémon (on your lunch break of course). We can’t wait to see what comes next.
So go on, get out there and catch our PSA, Financial Management and HCM apps and if you find yourself with all three, you will level up your game and join the ranks like some of our own successful FinancialForce ERP customers like:
- Venture Technologies: http://www.financialforce.com/customer-stories/venture-technologies-erp/
- Open Symmetry: http://www.financialforce.com/customer-stories/opensymmetry-erp/
- Jacobus Consulting: http://www.financialforce.com/customer-stories/jacobus-consulting/