3 Ways Salesforce Chatter has Brought Sexy Back!
Chatter is social, collaborative, and sexy. Yes, I said it. SEXY! In the BC years (Before Chatter) it seemed the number one gripe from every offsite I went to was the lack of communication between departments. Think about it – Sales and Marketing were never aligned, Finance had their own clique, and per IT our inbox wouldn’t function if it was over 500 MB. Well I don’t know about you, but my work life has really changed since then (and this is just 3 years ago…I’m not that old) and I can truly give credit to Salesforce Chatter. The scoop on why? #1 It’s a collaborative way to celebrate success within the company. I love being able to celebrate with my team members in different locations or recognizing employees who may not have a visible quota to achieve but have goals that they are working towards. They are behind the scenes making sure our company runs. Recently, a customer thanked Carole for great customer service. We made sure everyone across the company knew about it. Way to go Sales! Another closed deal! #2 You can share vital information across the company in a few key strokes. “Well, no one told me” is no longer a valid excuse! Here are some sample posts of the information we share across the company:
- Wait, what did that competitor tell our prospect about FinancialForce.com? I don’t think so!
- Sales team – we have a kick butt campaign launching next week. Let me know how many opptys you want.
- Is anyone using this SFDC field? Good…because we’re deleting it.
- Hey Tracy, leads have been delivered for that program. We can pay our marketing vendor now.
- Tom, please approve my invoice. Click. Done.
- Marketing team – please vote on the best title for our new e-book. Same day decisions and no back and forth