Notice effective July 8, 2015
FinancialForce recognizes that privacy is important. We developed this Job Applicant Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) to inform you of how FinancialForce will use the information you submit through the FinancialForce Careers Section (the “Section”) of the FinancialForce website, to one of the email addresses provided in the Section, or to FinancialForce in any other way as part of a job application or job search process (“Applicant Information”). Your use of other FinancialForce services is governed by any applicable terms and our Web Privacy Notice.
All Applicant Information you submit to FinancialForce is collected by FinancialForce in the United States, as well as the jurisdiction where the contract for the position is located. Applicant Information may be shared with our affiliates, subsidiaries or joint ventures in other jurisdictions for employment consideration purposes. This Notice is governed by United States law.
For individuals located in the European Union, by submitting your Applicant Information you are agreeing to the transfer of that information outside the European Economic Area to countries where privacy standards may differ.
This Notice covers any Applicant Information you submit to FinancialForce such as:
- Your Contact Information: Name, address, email address, telephone number, or other contact information;
- Your Background Information: Resume or CV, cover letter, previous work experience, education, transcripts, or other information you provide to us in connection with the application process;
- Your Job Preferences: Type of employment sought, desired salary, willingness to relocate, or other job preferences;
- How you heard about the position;
- Sensitive information: (race/ethnic origin) if you choose to submit it as part of the applications process, and;
- Information About Others: Names and contact information for referrals. It is your responsibility to obtain consent from references before providing their personal information to us.
Submission of Applicant Information does not establish any obligation not listed in this Notice.
How does FinancialForce use this information?
FinancialForce uses the Applicant Information you submit for the following purposes:
- To assess your skills, qualifications and interests against our career opportunities;
- To verify your information and conduct reference checks;
- To conduct background checks if you are offered a job;
- To communicate with you and inform you of career opportunities;
- To create and submit reports as required by law or regulation;
- To improve our recruitment process; and
- Legal defense as necessary
If you accept employment with FinancialForce, the information collected will become part of your employment record and will be used for employment purposes.
FinancialForce conducts criminal background checks on all employees once they have completed the application process and are offered a job at FinancialForce. Certain roles and/or projects at FinancialForce may also require a security clearance. Some security checks may require you to disclose personal information, including financial information, about your partners and/or parents. Employment at FinancialForce is contingent upon the completion of a satisfactory background check and obtainment of a security clearance, if applicable. If something on your background check appears to be a reason that FinancialForce cannot hire you, we will notify you that we may not be able to offer you a position because of that information. Where required by law, we will also provide you with a copy of your criminal background check, and information on the process for correcting a criminal record.
You can choose what types of Applicant Information, if any, to submit. Submitting your Applicant Information is voluntary. However, if you choose not to submit your Applicant Information, our ability to consider you as a candidate may be limited. We will ask for your consent before we obtain additional information from third party agencies, and will, where required by law, notify you of the information received from those third parties.
FinancialForce employees, affiliated companies, or entities acting on behalf of FinancialForce process Applicant Information for the purposes listed above. FinancialForce takes appropriate technical, organizational, and legal steps to protect Applicant Information. For instance, information on your criminal background check will only be shared with those who have a "need to know." Affiliate companies or entities acting on behalf of FinancialForce with whom we share your Applicant Information will be bound by terms of confidentiality and this Notice.
Applicant Information is retained in accordance with local law. We may also retain Applicant Information to consider you for other jobs for which you may be qualified.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. We will post any changes to the Notice on this page. Each version of the Notice is identified at the top of the page by its effective date.
For more information about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org any time, or write to us at: FinancialForce - 595 Market St. Suite 2700, San Francisco, CA 94105 USA.